Thursday, September 16, 2010

Let's Get This Show on the Road!

So, here it is. Today I am officially letting my little blog grow up and releasing it into the world. When I first created it last year, I had intended it only to be a small, low key place for the kids to share work and ideas. What I'm realizing is that if I am to convince the kids that their writing and their words do have power, then I need to provide an audience for them. That's why today I am officially launching my campaign to get 100 followers on my blog...currently we are up to ten (welcome to Logan and her family!!!). What a great place for the kids to have their work read by people from all over the world! I encourage you to sign up and become a follower, if you enjoy reading and participating....SPREAD THE WORD AND SHARE THE SITE WITH OTHERS!
All the security measures I have in place will stay the same. No one will be able to post anything or comment on anything without my approval. This may seem like a violation of free speech, but I am looking out for the best interests of my past, present, and future students. I will do my best to approve any comments that are made, but I will not allow anything that is disrespectful, harmful, or mean spirited to be read by the students. This isn't the place for that. What this is the place for is to encourage young minds to share their thoughts and give feedback that will help them to grow and become good people.
A blog is nothing without comments so please leave some. They are what start conversations and creative thinking.

To my faithful followers who jumped on at the beginning....a big Thank You and prepare yourself for some company!

Here we go.....ten and counting,

Mr. Fletcher

No comments:

Post a Comment