Thursday, July 1, 2010

Ode to Francine


A special date is fast approaching. Almost a year ago, in a small shop in downtown Boston, I looked up and laid eyes on one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Her name is Francine and I love her deeply. For the past year, Francine has been my constant companion and source of hydration. Some people have taken to teasing me about Francine because of her pinkish hue and flowers. I say those are the things that make her special. It's true that I could have chosen a more masculine looking bottle, but none of them spoke to me like Francine did. There is something about that skeletal face that makes me smile. To the teasers, I simply reply with the age old saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover." Luckily for me, public opinion is no longer a concern of mine (See last blog posting)!




What is so great about Francine is that thanks to her, I have gone an entire year without purchasing a plastic water bottle. Before I leave the house, Francine visits the ice dispenser on the refrigerator and is then filled with some delicious water straight from the well. I have even attached a clip in the car....a car seat of sorts...just for her.




Happy Anniversary Francine. I look forward to a long life together!




Dear Francine,


Thank you for keeping me hydrated and healthy. Because of you I am taking a small step to do my part to protect this planet while looking good and feeling great at the same time. Hopefully your presence with me has inspired others to follow our lead. I am deeply sorry about the number of dents you have received. Rather than dents ...let's call them scars, for each one has a story of how it was inflicted and just adds to what makes you the delightful soul you are. I think they make you look tough.






Find your own Francine,


Mr. Fletcher

5 comments:

  1. I love pink just like Francine.I think she is a cool design.Avery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayh I have something speical to but it is not a water bodall it is a teddy bear named Mickey
    because he looks like mickey moues I got him
    from my grama for my first birthday.
    heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a webkin horse he is brown his name is Ace because he looks like my cousin Elizabeth horse Ace thair is just one thing that is scareing me about him it is that he has cancer.Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same for me Avery, I think she has a cool design. I really like that she has flower eyes.

    Logan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also for got to minchin I have my cat Pickles
    he is 13 or 14 I forgot how old he is but I know he is ether ratnow he is in my sisters room I file bad for him he isnot the gratest his back is mestup we have bine tring to get him to wailk.

    ReplyDelete