Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Shame, Shame, Time to Leave Me Now

As I sit here thinking about this past school year, it is impossible for me not to smile and even laugh out loud.  It has been a year of growth for all of us in many different ways.    For this final blog posting of the year, I am going to pass along some advice I hope you will consider as you grow.

1.  Be a source of light.  Shine brightly.  Make others want to bask in the glow that is you.  Send that light out and inspire others to shine as well.
2.  Don't be ordinary.
3.  Don't take things at face value.  Ask questions and demand explanations when your questions aren't answered.  Make anything new you learn meaningful to you and you will not only learn it better, but will remember it forever.
4.  Laugh everyday.  Be able to laugh at yourself.  Remember to laugh WITH others and not AT them.
5.  Be proud of who you are.
6.  Listen to your parents' music with them.  It will make for some great memories when you are an adult.
7.  Be willing to help others. 
8.  Think before you act or react.  Consider all points of view and work towards a solution to a problem.
9.  Be confident.
10.  Always feel welcome to come to my room.  Whether it is for a place to cool down,  for help to solve a problem,  or just to chat or say hello.  You ALL will always be welcome in my room.

These are the top ten pieces of advice I have for you because they are the top ten things that you have taught and reminded me of this year.  For that, I can't begin to thank you and your families enough.  Everyday I am inspired by how you work together as a group to encourage and support each other.  Don't ever stop doing that.  Your compassion, is inspiring. 
I am proud to know each and every one of you and to have had the privilege to be your teacher this year.  You have made me proud in more ways than I can count.  Make your future teachers just as proud.

Time does indeed fly when you are having fun.

Look out for each other, take care of each other, and most of all, have fun together.

Shame, shame, we had our fun,
Mr. Fletcher

16 comments:

  1. My most favorite thing in fourth grade I have done was going to ashokan and spending time with my friends. Also, having fun there with my teacher at ashokan. I WANT TO STAY IN FOURTH GRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Sincerley,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the best and most fun year ever!!!!! But my favorite part was all of our field trips that we went on. My favorite trip was Ashokan, it was the funnest and longest trip this year. Mr Fletcher your the BEST teacher ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had so much fun doing things this year. My favorite was the things that we did in Social Studies. Mission US , making maps, seeing the longhouse,learning about colonial America,was so much FUN!!!!So far 4th grade was the BEST was school year EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~ Kamryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite time in fourth grade is when we went to the longhouse because we got to listen to a old story and play a game. The story was cool. I liked it. That's what i like most about fourth grade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My best memory of fourth grade is when we went to the ashokan because we where away from school for 3 days and we got to see Avery.Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. The trip that reminds me of a great fourth grade year is the Ashokan trip because we did so many things there and they were all so much fun!!! We went canoeing,we went blacksmithing, we went on a hike with a steep deer trail, we went on a ropes coures and then a zipline, which, by the way, was great!! We went to a 1817 schoolhouse and the girl there acted like a teacher that worked at a school house in 1817. All that we knew that we had to do was say "Good afternoon Mrs. Glockenspiel." We also had to say our name when she called us up. Girls would be Miss. and there last name, like me Miss. Iannelli. Boys were Master and then there last name like Master Knapp. That was the trip that reminds me of Mr. Fletcher and a great fourth grade year!!!!!!!
    Logan

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best time i had as a fourth grader is the ashokan it was cool you get to go canoeing and hiking and sleep there! it was fun but most important part was spending time with each other.

    From,
    Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  7. My best memeries are all are field trips and the checker game that Mr. fletcher and Rory did. I liked the ashokan field trip the most i had so much fun there. I had a great time with all my friends and with Mr. Fletcher. I had such a great time at all the field trips. I wish that I could start fourth grade all over again. I also liked when we were at ashokan when we went to the school house I had to write about how to make goose berry pie i thought that you just put a goose and some berrys and other ingredents in it, but this is how you make it all you need is goose berrys it is as simple as that. I also liked the bird of prey there it was cool I was not even afrid of the birds. They were so cool to me and my friends. i love fourth grade and love Mr.fletcher as a teacher.

    aurora

    ReplyDelete
  8. My best memory was when rory played mr.fletcher at a game and mr.fletcher lose to rory won and that mr.fletcher and he had to cut his hair and the next day he looked so funny. from,
    abby

    ReplyDelete
  9. MY MOST FAVORITE THING IN FOURTH GRADE WITH THE MOST COOLEST TEACHER IN THE WORLD MR.FLETCHER WAS PROBALY GOING TO ASHOKAN. EVEN THOUGH I ONLY STAYED ONE NIGHT BECAUSE OF MY ARM I STILL HADE A BLAST. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN BLACKSMITHING AND CANEOING. I MADE A FIRE POKER WENT I WENT BLACKSMITHING. JUST LIKE MY BROTHER JONNY. ANYWAY I HAD SO MUCH FUN IN FOURTH GRADE THAT I WISH I FAILED FOURTH GRADE JUST SO I COULD STAY WITH MR.FLETCHER MORE. I WISH MR. FLETCHER WAS IN 5TH GRADE THEN WHEN I AM DONE WITH 5TH GRADE I WISH THEN HE WOULD MOVE IN TO 6TH GRADE WITH ME!!! I LOVE FOURTH GRADE AND I LOVE MR. FLETCHER AS A TEACHER!!!
    (TONY STEWART SINKS BIG TIME AND JEFF GORDON ROCKS BIG TIME.) JUST SAYING !!! HAHA!!!
    LOVE, RILEY KNOETGEN

    ReplyDelete
  10. My best memories were Ashokan and Mr.Fletcher. Ashokan was the most awsome and the best trip I have ever went on. On the other hand, Mr.Fletcher is the coolest, funniest, most awsome teatcher I had and will ever have. So, if any of you thrid graders read this, you know that your in for a heck of a year.

    By Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  11. the best time I had in fourth grade was the Ashowkan trip,and panting bags.Now I use the bag to shop with every time I go to the store. I like Ashowkan because we got to go canoeing. that was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Logan, my favorite part of the school was Katie's conical baby, and her laughing so hard when she was supposed to say Good Afternoon.~~~Kamryn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have so many fond memories it is hard to choose. While getting beat at checkers by Rory was always enjoyable (NOT), I think one of my fondest memories is Kamryn knowing who Liz Phair is.
    Mr. Fletcher

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mr. Fletcher, you won some of the checker games! Think of one of the games you won as the final game. Think of that as your best memory!!!!!
    Logan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mr.Fletcher!!
    By the way when you stopped when we were in that mini parking lot, we were actully looking at our headlights because my mom thought one was out. Also there is a geocash there.
    ~~Kamryn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kamryn! I'm glad you and your family were safe. When I got home, I looked more into geocaching and it looks like so much fun. It is something I may give a try this summer! Have fun,
    Mr. Fletcher

    ReplyDelete