Friday, October 14, 2011

Welcome New Bloggers!

Good Morning Everyone!  Welcome to your first blog posting of the school year!  This is a format that we will be using frequently.  Once you get the hang of it, you'll see how easy and FUN it is!  Whether you are asked to leave a comment, or whether you just want to respond to something on your own, there are a few simple steps to leaving a comment.

1.  After you have finished reading the blog post, click on the word "comment" at the end of the post.  Sometimes it will be a number and word "comments" if people have already responded to the post.

2.  A box will come up and you can type your comment in that box.  At the end of your comment, please put your first name only.  This is because you will be posting your comment as an anonymous user in the next step (unless you are an adult and have a user account, in which case you can/will use that).

3.  Below the box where you typed your comment, you will see some different buttons.  The first says "post comment as" and has a drop down menu.  In that drop down, please choose "Anonymous".

4.  Next click the button for "post comment".  Sometimes you have to do this step twice.

5.  Next, you should get a box with text inside it that you need to type into another box and then press enter.

6.  Finally....if everything has gone as it should, you should get a message telling you that your message is waiting for approval for it to be published.  This is because no one can post anything on our blog without my approval first.  Each message someone leaves goes to my email, where I review it and then approve or deny it based on its content.  This is my way of making sure we all stay safe in this format.

Once you get the hang of it, it is a piece of cake.

So....for your first blog comment, I am going to ask you to answer this question as a comment on the blog:

Which would you rather be...a dog or a cat?  Explain the reasons for your choice.



Have fun!
Mr. Fletcher

12 comments:

  1. I rather be a dog because I could tricks. I'd do flips.




    -Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rather be a dog because you can have more fun than a cat.Dogs can take a walk .
    Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would rather be a dog. I would be a dog because I would get to be outside most of the time.
    skyla

    ReplyDelete
  4. if i could be a dog or a cat i wold be a cat.because ther good animuls and they eat the mice Domenick

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would rather be a cat because cats can climb a tree.They can also be smart.


    Anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be a dog because they are more active.they can go out side cats dont go outside.


    benjamin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would rather be A dog because I can get dressed up in dog cloths.I can also get to run in the grass.



    Peyton

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would rather be a cat. I would rather be a cat because they have to run realy fast to catch there prey and I run realy fast to win races.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would rather be a dog because you could bark,have tons of food,and go where ever you would like to go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I rather be a cat because they have wiskers to tell them if they can fit through or not.They also can climb on trees with their claws.They can also run so fast that they are faster then a fast running dog. Jason

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would choose to be a cat because cats can jump high, run fast and lay on my owners lap and purr as my owner relaxes and pets me. Most importantly, I get to stay in and use a litter pan, allowing me to sit in the window and laugh as the dog is outside in the cold and snow. Some would say that cats are lazy, but I contend that we just are better at living the high life. Mom Fletcher PS: I would be an orange tabby cat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would rather be a cat because I could climb super fast up any tree and look down at everyone.

    Ms. Morley

    ReplyDelete